In order for an image to display on a web page, it must be uploaded to the assets of the website. This creates a URL for the image that is referenced by the browser in order to display the image whenever it's called. OK, that may sound like techno-talk but it really is how the process works.
There are several places to start the upload image process:
|Upload Image Link on the Assets dropdown menu
||Upload Image Button on the menu in the Image Manager
||Image Manager Icon on the Content Editor
Here's how to upload an image:
- Click Upload Image Link, Button or Icon
- Choose Category or Folder - this is where the image will "live"
- Choose File - browse and select the image from your computer
- If provided the opportunity, add a description of the image in the Title and Alt fields - this is helpful for your users and helps search engines determine what the image is
- Optional: Click Add More if you want to upload more images at the same time
- Click Upload
From here you can follow the Insert Image
process to make the image display on your webpage.
The diagram below outlines how to upload an image from the Image Manager - this is pretty much the same for uploads from the Assets dropdown. Click here
to review how to upload an image from the Content Editor - you'll see minor differences depending on where you upload the image from. See the downloadable tutorials for details.