Files are assets that are document-based. A perfect example is a PDF. The first thing you need to do is upload the file.
There are several places to start the upload file process:
|Upload File Link on the Assets dropdown menu
||Upload File Button on the menu in the File Manager
||File Manager Icon on the Content Editor
Here's how to upload a file:
- Click Upload File Link, Button or Icon
- Choose Category - this is where the file will "live"
- Choose File - browse and select the file from your computer
- If provided the opportunity, add a description of the image in the Title and Alt fields - this is helpful for your users
- Optional: Click Add More if you want to upload more files at the same time
- Click Upload
From here you can follow the Insert File
process to make the file display on your webpage.