What's an alias, you might ask. An alias allows you to create a unique URL that directs traffic to another page. Often this new URL is shorter or more concise than the original URL of the page.
Let's say you would like to add a link to an email campaign but the page you are linking to has a very long URL - such as…
By using an alias, you can link to the same page but with a shorter, easier-to-remember URL - such as…
Both URLs go to the same page.
Here's how to create an alias:
- Go to Website Settings > Site Alias Settings
- Enter the alias in the Alias field (example: SocialMedia)
- Enter the URL you wan the alias to open - or Select Page from the dropdown
- Click Add - please note: the alias will display in the Current Aliases list but it is not saved until saved.
- Click Save when you are done